Interdisciplinary Studies of Ancient Materials from the Mediterranean
Nicosia, 17-19 September 2014
University of Cyprus
The NARNIA research network is pleased to announce the organisation of the international conference, entitled: “Interdisciplinary Studies of Ancient Materials from the Mediterranean”, to be held at the main campus of the University of Cyprus, in Nicosia, Cyprus, between the 17th and 19th of September 2014.
The conference will provide an opportunity for new and established researchers to share research in an international forum and to exchange ideas on the latest interdisciplinary approaches, analytical techniques and methodologies for the integrated study of ancient materials, technologies and the environment. The NARNIA network is a collaboration of researchers who are engaged in the holistic study of ancient materials to facilitate a better understanding of the strategies associated with the production and the consumption of material culture and its impact on the historic and ancient environment.
The oral presentations of the NARNIA international conference will be broadcasted online during the three days of the conference. The live streaming will be available to users via one of the following links:
http://videoserver.cc.ucy.ac.cy/live1 & mms://videoserver.cc.ucy.ac.cy/live1
It is prerequisite that the appropriate plug-ins or add-ons are installed, such as Windows Media Player plugin, or Flip4Mac plugin (for Safari) or other media players that support Windows Media format (. wmv /. wma), e.g.
WindowsMediaPlayer, VLC, RealPlayer, MPlayer, Windows Media Components for Quick Time, OPlayer for iPad.
The NARNIA conference proceedings will be published in the form of an edited volume in the Journal of Archaeological Science Reports (Imprint: ELSEVIER, ISSN: 2352-409X, editors: A. Howard, C.O. Hunt). You are reminded that the deadline for the electronic submission of manuscripts is set on Friday, the 31st of October 2014 [NEW DATE!].
Information about travelling to Cyprus
For more information about travelling to Cyprus, please click **HERE**
- Prof. Vasiliki Kassianidou – NARNIA project coordinator, Archaeological Research Unit, University of Cyprus
- Dr Maria Dikomitou-Eliadou – NARNIA project manager, Archaeological Research Unit, University of Cyprus
- Dr Eleni Aloupi (Thetis Authentics Ltd)
- Dr Fadi Balaawi (Hashemite University)
- Dr Yannis Bassiakos (N.C.S.R. Demokritos)
- Dr Peter Day (University of Sheffield)
- Dr Maria Dikomitou-Eliadou (University of Cyprus)
- Dr Roger Doonan (University of Sheffield)
- Dr Demetrios Eliades (G.M. EuroCy Innovations Ltd)
- Prof. Anne-Marie Guimier-Sorbets (Universite Paris-Ouest)
- Prof. Vasiliki Kassianidou (University of Cyprus)
- Dr Vassilis Kilikoglou (N.C.S.R. Demokritos)
- Prof. Marcos Martinón-Torres (University College London)
- Prof. Demetrios Michaelides (University of Cyprus)
- Mr George Milis (G.M. EuroCy Innovations Ltd)
- Prof. Karin Nys (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
- Dr Giorgos Papasavvas (University of Cyprus)
- Prof. Thilo Rehren (University College London Qatar)
For further information or clarifications, please contact Dr Maria Dikomitou-Eliadou, the NARNIA project manager, Archaeological Research Unit, University of Cyprus, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .